The last version of Drupal is one of our applications that are auto-installable via the administration interface: Web > Sites > Install an application.
To install it yourself, follow the steps set out below:
- download the desired version from the official site,
- uncompress the source files and place them in your alwaysdata account using FTP,
- create your MySQL database,
- create your site,
- access your application’s web page to finalize its installation.
It is important to follow these instructions to avoid infection:
- regularly update Drupal and its plugins,
- keep informed on reports of bugs and security breaches relating to plugins before installing them,
- implement the specific profile of our WAF,
- delete idle themes and plugins,
- customize the prefix of the table names in your database,
- delete the readme.txt file at the root of your application,
- delete any users created by default,
- other rules.
CSS/JS files precompression
If you are using a Drupal version prior to 8.9 with CSS and JS files precompression, you will have to apply this patch to fix a bug related to Brotli compression.