admin directory overview
Every account have a
$HOME/admin directory, accessible in FTP, SSH, SFTP or WebDAV.
- mail: NFS mounting (shared servers) or symbolic links (VPS & dedicated servers) to the account e-mailboxes,
- tmp: temporary storage for your apps (we strongly recommend using this instead of
- backup: read-only NFS mounting for backups which are NOT stored locally.
admin directory is not dedicated to storing your own files.
This directory hosts Apache, uWSGI or languages configuration files. You can access it read-only. Changes are made directly in your alwaysdata administration interface, in the Environment or Web > Sites menus.
It also gathers different types of logs:
- http: access to your websites,
- sites: launches, shutdowns and failures of “upstream” web servers,
- jobs: achievements of your scheduled tasks,
- apache: a log for all applications using this web (PHP and Apache custom),
- uwsgi: a log for every application (Python WSGI, Ruby Rack and Ruby on Rails <= 2.x).